Thursday, March 29, 2012

One of a Kind show Toronto March 2012

Today we visited the One of a Kind Show Toronto for the first time...I had always been meaning to go but never got around it - it was well worth the trip. The amount of talent in one room is overwhelming - some pretty cool stuff - art, craft, fashion and food - all nicely separated into specific zones in one large room.

There was one jewellery maker who just blew me away - BIKO Jewellery. I am not drawn to pretty things - in fact I like them ugly, industrial and edgy, and her pieces were just the right combination. Each piece was better than the next....I hope she didn't see me drooling on her display cases. Here are some pics from her website and blog. The chain with the multiple vertical rods in the second pic is the one I wanted the most among everything else I pined for.


The next One of a Kind show is in November 2012 for Christmas and I am considering participating as a vendor - BIG dream but one can dream right? !!

No comments:

Post a Comment