Friday, January 31, 2014

Where did my shop name come from?


Many people have asked me where my shop name came from?
Being in the corporate world for 18 years (most of which in Management) I was expected to behave a certain way, dress a certain way, set an example, etc etc. Then after quitting 18 years later, I felt FREE....like I could do whatever I wanted with my life. Dress the way I wanted (got my nose pierced straight after), talk the way I wanted (got a bit of a potty mouth on me), and study further (enrolled in an Art School). Most of all I wanted to work in Fashion and set up my own Online Clothing store....AND I DID.

Its like I have been 'Born Again'. And now I am discovering myself all over again....and liking what I discover.

So my shop name: SPARROW LYN
SPARROW - Free as a bird. Free to fly anywhere. Free to soar to any heights
LYN - That is half of my name...Lynda

And that is how Sparrow Lyn came about. I feel it is a true reflection of me, where I have come from and where I am going. Hope you like the name too.

No comments:

Post a Comment